Cookham Parish Council

The Cemetery and its lovely Victorian Chapel are situated in a very tranquil and delightful setting in Long Lane, off Switchback Road North, Cookham.  The gates are open from 8 am till 8 pm.  Dogs must be kept on a lead.


Any member of the public may purchase the exclusive right to a burial or cremation plot for a period not exceeding 100 years  and may have a grant thereof according to a form approved by the Council. Those living outside the parish boundary will be required to pay additional fees (see below). 


CLICK HERE for Cemetery Rules, Regulation and Burial Charges


The location of plot in all cases, is at the discretion of the Clerk and the Council, but the wishes of applicants will be met as far as may be deemed practicable. 


The Cemetery’s new extension has been fully consecrated and is now available.


The Parish Office is in regular contact with local undertakers and stonemasons.


A register of the burials is kept at the office of the Clerk and Registrar of the Parish Council; where, during office hours, searches may be made, and certified extracts may be obtained. 


Persons committing injury or wilful damage within the Cemetery are liable to a penalty not exceeding £1000, by Local Authorities Cemeteries Order 1974 (15).